What are your options?

Home Education Program

Parents or guardians are required to submit an annual notarized affidavit the local superintendent by August 1st. The state requires a portfolio be kept of the students work and a written academic evaluation. If the student has special needs, the home education program must be approved by a certified Special Education teacher or a licensed clinical or certified school psychologist.

Private Tutor

Families can utilize a private tutor to assist in homeschooling. However, it is required that the tutor be a state certified teacher and provide the majority of the instruction. The tutor must also file their teacher certificate and background check with the local superintendent.