What are your options?

Enrolling in a cover school

Some schools known as cover schools (sometimes also known as church schools) accept homeschoolers as students. They offer assistance to parents and students who are looking for structure and guidance. Parents must keep attendance records to provide to the school.

At home private school

You can register your home as a private school by notifying the local government. Some private schools also provide At Home programs.

Private tutor

If you choose to utilize a private tutor as your primary method of homeschooling, the tutor must be an Alabama certified teacher. Students will still be required to spend the required amount of days on specific subjects and the tutor must comply with state attendance and record-keeping policies.

More information

You can find additional information about your education options at the State Department of Education’s website.